What does this policy cover?
This policy describes the processing of your personal data by Liberty Fabric Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) in relation to your use of our website libertyfabric.com (the “Site”).
What personal data is collected?
1. Personal data collected from you
The following categories of personal data will be collected from you in connection with your use of the Site and your interaction with us at Events, including, but not limited to, when you fill in forms on the Site or when you sign-up to hear more about us and our products and services at an Event:
- Personal Identification Information: such as your name and date of birth;
- Contact Information: such as your email address, postal address, postcode, telephone number, and details about where you work;
- Demographic Information: such as your gender;
- Preference Information: such as, information about the types of products you like or are interested in;
- Your marketing preferences, including any consents you have given us.
In addition, if you contact us by phone, email or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
2. Personal data collected about you
We may also collect:
- Automatically Collected Information: such as, web browser type and version, operating system, the website you came from and exit to, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, your Device ID and Mac ID, your browser settings, the date and time of your visits, and details regarding your interaction with the Site (including which pages, products or resources on the website you access) and our emails; and
- Cookies Information: in accordance with our Cookies Policy.
3. How is your personal data used, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Legitimate Interests: as required by us to pursue our own legitimate interests, in particular:
- communicating with you;
- investigating and handling any complaints received from you about our Site or our products and services;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims which concern our company, group or partners, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation);
- creating user/customer insights based on user behaviour to drive targeted direct marketing;
- reating user/customer insights based on demographic segments to drive targeted email direct marketing and also carrying out market research and surveys;
- You can obtain further information on the legitimate interests balancing exercises which we have carried out by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
- Consent: Subject to the following, we may send you direct marketing by email, SMS, telephone, post and online about Liberty Fabrics products and services which we think may be of interest to you. This will only be sent where you have given your consent to Liberty during the online sign-up process, during a signup process at an Event or (where permissible) you have been given an opportunity to opt out. You will be able to opt-out of electronic direct marketing by clicking the unsubscribe link contained in the email or following the instructions in the SMS itself or by contacting us on the contact details provided below.
Visitors under 16 years of age are not permitted to subscribe to our services or use and/or submit their personal information on our Site. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 16 years of age. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate and monitor the interactive activities of their children.
Who will your personal data be shared with, and where?
We will share your personal data with:
- members of our group of companies, including Liberty Retail Limited, Liberty of London Limited, Liberty Limited, Liberty Zeta Limited, Liberty Theta Limited and Liberty Gamma Limited;
- third party service providers, who will process it on our behalf for the purposes above;
- government authorities and/or law enforcement official if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our own legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws; and
- purchasers or prospective purchasers of all or part of our assets or out business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase.
Where will your data be sent?
- Sometimes Liberty will need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers outside of the United Kingdom, such as the European Economic Area (the "EEA") (i.e., all 27 EU Member States plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway), the USA, India and Japan.
- Where this is the case, we have procedures in place to ensure that your personal data receives the same level of protection as if it were being processed inside of the UK. If you have any questions about how we protect your data outside of the UK, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your rights in relation to your personal data?
You are entitled to ask us:
- for a copy of your personal data;
- to correct your personal data (if it is inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date);
- to 'port' your personal data (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you or another data controller);
- to erase your personal data; or
- restrict its processing (i.e. processing will temporarily stop (save to the extent that personal data will continue to be stored)).
You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, and to processing for direct marketing purposes. Further, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, you are entitled to withdraw this consent as more fully described above.
These rights are limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal data. In some instances, this may mean that we are able to retain data even if you withdraw your consent.
Where we require your personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us.
We hope that we can satisfy any queries you may have about the way we process your personal data. If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data, you can get in touch at: email@example.com. If you live in the EU, or the EEA, you can also get in touch with our European Representative, Liberty Fabric Services Srl via firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner or, if you are in the EU or the EEA, to your relevant data protection authority. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
How long will we hold your data?
Where we process your personal data, we do this for as long as your account is active and for no more than 7 years after this.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Where we process personal data for Site security purposes, we retain it for 24 months.
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to the policy in the future will be posted on the Site and, where appropriate, notified to you by email or otherwise.
Our European representative is Liberty Fabric Service Italy S.r.l. This representative can also be contacted via email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this policy and / or our processing of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.