What does this policy cover?
What personal data is collected?
Personal data collected from you:
The following categories of personal data will be collected from you in connection with your use of the Site, including, but not limited to, when you fill in forms on the Site:
- Personal Identification Information: such as your name;
- Contact Information: such as your email address, telephone number, and details about where you work.
In addition, if you contact us by phone, email or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
Personal data collected about you
We may also collect:
- Automatically Collected Information: such as web browser type and version, operating system, the website you came from and exit to, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, your device ID and Mac ID, your browser settings, the date and time of your visits, the details regarding your interaction with the Site (including which pages or resources you access on the Site).
- Cookies Information: in accordance with the Cookies section below.
How is your personal data used, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Legitimate Interests: as required by us to pursue our own legitimate interests, in particular:
- securing new customers;
- promoting our Liberty Fabrics business;
- communicating with you; and
- investigating and handling any complaints received from you about our Site or our products and services.
You can obtain further information on the legitimate interests balancing exercises which we have carried out by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Visitors under 16 years of age are not permitted to subscribe to our services or use and/or submit their personal information on our Site. We do not knowingly solicit or collect information from visitors under 16 years of age.
Who will your personal data be shared with, and where?
We will share your personal data with:
- members of our group of companies, including Liberty Retail Limited, Liberty of London Limited, Liberty Limited, Liberty Zeta Limited, Liberty Theta Limited and Liberty Gamma Limited;
- third party service providers, who will process it on our behalf for the purposes above;
- government authorities and/or law enforcement official if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our own legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws; and
- purchasers or prospective purchasers of all or part of our assets or out business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase.
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with third parties and suppliers outside of the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) (i.e. all 27 EU Member States plus Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway), such as the USA and Japan. Where this is the case, we have procedures in place to ensure that your personal data receives the same level of protection as if it were being processed inside of the EEA. If you have any questions about how we protect your data outside of the EEA, please contact us at email@example.com.
What rights do you have in relation to your personal data?
You are entitled to ask us:
- for a copy of your personal data;
- to correct your personal data (if it is inaccurate, incomplete or not up-to-date);
- to ‘port’ your personal data (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you or another data controller);
- to erase your personal data; or
- restrict its processing (i.e. processing will temporarily stop (save to the extent that personal data will continue to be stored)).
You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, and to processing for direct marketing purposes. Further, where we have asked for you to consent to process your data, you are entitled to withdraw this consent as more fully described. These rights are limited in some situations – for example, where we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal data. In some instance, this may mean that we are able to retain data even if you withdraw your consent. Where we require your personal data to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us.
How long will we hold your data for?
Where we process your personal data, we do this for so long as you interact with our Site, or for so long as you trade with us, and for no more than 7 years after this. Where we process personal data for site security purposes, we retain it for 24 months.
What cookies will be used on the Site:
Generally, there are the following categories of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance cookies
Some cookies are essential for the operation of the Site.
Other cookies may be used to analyse how users use the Site and to monitor Site performance. This allows us to provide a high quality experience and quickly identify and fix any issues that arise. For example, performance cookies may be used to keep track of which pages are most popular and to determine why some pages are receiving error messages.
Functionality cookies are used to allow us to remember users’ preferences and tailor the Site to provide enhanced features.
Targeting cookies are used to serve users with content and adverts, and to collect information about users’ browsing habits and usage of the Site in order to make adverts more relevant to users and their interest. We may us remarketing technologies to enable third parties to display relevant and personalised ads to users through their networks. They are also used to limit the number of times users see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Users are always free to decline cookies if their browser permits, although doing so may interfere with their use of the Site. More information about how to control cookies is available here (https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/).
Changes to this policy
Any changes we may make to the policy in the future will be posted on the Site. This policy was last updated in July 2019.
If you have any concerns about how we process your personal data, you can get in touch at: LibertyFabrics@libertylondon.com. If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to EU data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.
The site uses the following cookies:
Used by cloudflare for caching static assets and html and tracking usage
Used by amplience for serving up our fonts and tracking usage
Used by Liberty Fabrics for tracking usage on the domain